Hunting & Fishing
Click here to access Hunting and Fishing Online
The Tax Collector serves as an agent of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. In this capacity, the Tax Collector is responsible for the sale of a variety of hunting and fishing permits. It is the Tax Collector's duty to collect all monies from these sales and maintain the records associated with these transactions.
Hunting and Fishing licenses may be obtained at the Tax Collector's Office or various stores, as designated by the Tax Collector. Click here to get a list of participating stores.
All citizens who intend to hunt or fish in Florida require a valid license. The only exceptions to the law are:
- Residents 65 years of age or older who possess either a Resident Senior Citizen Hunting and Fishing Certificate or proof of age and residency (A Driver license is sufficient). The Florida Senior Citizens Hunting and Fishing certificate is no longer accepted in Georgia (or vice versa).
- Children under the age of 16 are not required to have a license; however, they must carry proof of age identification.
- Permanently and totally disabled residents can obtain a special exemption card. An authorized disability statement from the Social Security office or Veteran's Administration must be presented upon application. This permit is free.
- Residents who have been accepted by The Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services as a client for retardation and development services are exempt from the license requirements.
- A Florida resident who is a member of the U.S. armed forces and is not stationed in Florida is exempt from the license requirements while home on leave for 30 days or less. Proof of orders must be on the person while hunting or fishing.
SALTWATER SHORELINE FISHING LICENSE:
All fishermen who are fishing from a bridge or the shoreline (even your own private dock) must have a Saltwater Shoreline License to fish.
The Saltwater Shoreline Fishing License, which is available only to residents, is a no cost license.
If you already hold a Saltwater License, you will not need a Shoreline License.